Thursday, June 11, 2015

Top 3 Songs that make me feel HAPPY



One song that makes me happy is the song Count on you by Bruno Mars. I feel like this song just has such a cute little beat and meaning to it. The song includes many different versions of figurative language that are highly unlikely but somewhat intriguing and magical. For instance when the speaker says “If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea I’ll sail the world to find you” which is so cute and is an exaggeration and I think a metaphor because there is not anyone literally stuck in the middle of the sea and sailing the world is not really going to happen. Through the use of the imagery the speaker makes the song, at least to me, feel as if he is speaking to a friend or someone he is really close to and would do anything for. I just love the overall message of the song and how it sounds, it makes me think about my best friends and how we are so close and would do anything for each other.


The next song that makes me feel happy is the song Rather Be by Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne. This song makes me feel happy because of the overall upbeat and happy mood that it exudes. The song uses many examples of hyperboles to stress that no matter where the speaker is she would always rather be with that one person, or perhaps a group of people. The hyperboles make me think of how I feel when my college friends leave for school and I don’t get to see them until the summer. The song also has a cute little oxymoron “we’re different and the same” which makes me feel like how even though my friends and I are not the same people we get along well together and we have great times.

Fancy by Iggy Azalea makes me feel happy for a few different reasons. The song has a few similes and different examples of figurative language. The lyrics just make me feel so fancy. The song can be a good one to listen to when I just wanna feel like I’m super posh and like I’m like the queen of England or something like that. The song uses imagery of different objects or scenes that a really rich person would experience and it makes me feel like me and Iggy can relate concerning the fabulous life that she lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment